Fall 2021 – Hermeneutics – The principles of how to accurately interpret Scripture
- How does the author’s intent impact my understanding of truth?
- What steps do I take to understand what the Bible means?
- How do I properly interpret poetry vs. prophecy vs. prose?
- How do I use context to gain further insight into the text?
- How do I put all the pieces together to draw biblical conclusions from the text
Spring 2022 – Bibliology – Truth about the Bible
- How can I know that the Bible is from God?
- Why is the doctrine of inspiration important?
- Is the Bible free from error?
- How was our Bible formed?
- Does the Bible contain discrepancies?
- What are the personal implications of Scripture’s authority?
Summer 2022 – Let The Men Be Men
This course is designed to help the men of New Community Church understand what God expects from us as men. When he create the world, the pinnacle of his work was the creation of the human race. We’re told in Genesis 1:27 that “God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” The Scriptures clearly teach that God ordained the division between male and female and bestowed upon each of those genders specific roles – ordained by Hiim – for specific purposes in this life. For us to be faithful to His expectation for our lives. For men to lead well – as God intended – they must understand what God expects of them. They must understand how God expects them to do this. Finally, they must understand why this calling is so significant. This summer unit is designed to answer all those questions and more. Join us, for this important summer study: Let the Men be Men.
Fall 2022 – Theology Proper – Truth about God the Father
- How can I prove the existence of God?
- What do the names of God mean?
- What are the attributes of God, and what do they mean for me?
- How do I explain the doctrine of the Trinity?
- How does the sovereignty of God interact with the free will of man?
- How can a good God allow evil?
Spring 2023 – Christology – Truth about the Person of Christ
- How can Jesus be both God and man?
- How do I know that Jesus was a real historical figure?
- What was Jesus doing before the incarnation?
- Where is Jesus found in the Old Testament?
- What work is Jesus doing today?
- What does it mean to have a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ?
Fall 2023 – Pneumatology – Truth about the Nature and Work of the Holy Spirit
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What does the Holy Spirit do?
- How was the Holy Spirit working in the Old Testament?
- Have the sign gifts stopped today?
- Does the Holy Spirit speak to me directly?
- What does it mean to be indwelt by the Holy Spirit?
Spring 2024 – Anthropology and Hamartiology – Truth about man and his sin
- What is the image of God, and how does it impact me today?
- What is the difference between a person’s body, soul and spirit?
- How can I defend the biblical definition of gender?
- What is the biblical perspective on race?
- What is the role of human government in life?
- What is total depravity, and how does it impact life?
- What is the “sin leading to death?”
Fall 2024 – Soteriology – Truth about salvation
- What is the Plan of Redemption?
- How do I share the gospel clearly?
- What is the extent of Christ’s atonement?
- Is the doctrine of election biblical?
- Can someone lose their salvation?
- What is God’s purpose for my salvation?
Spring 2025 – Ecclesiology –Truth about the church
- What is my responsibility to the local church vs. the universal church?
- What is the purpose for the church?
- Is church membership biblical?
- What is a biblical philosophy of ministry?
- How can I tell if a church is healthy?
- What is my spiritual gift?
- How should church leadership function?
Fall 2025 – Eschatology – Truth about prophecy and end times
- What is the rapture?
- When will Christ return?
- What does eternity look like?
- What is the timetable and order of events in future prophecy?
- What is the millennial kingdom and where will I be in it?
- What is the difference between Israel and the church?